Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Big Red Elephant

Ok, not an elephant. Just a big red wall.

Well, more accurately, 8 red walls.

I remember hearing somewhere a long time ago, that if you paint all of the walls in a room red, it will make you crazy. I don't know if I can attest to the validity of this claim, but all of those red walls definitely made me feel a certain way. Cramped... angry... full of rage... but, crazy? That's a little strong.

As I mentioned before, I was so excited to cover these walls with Kilz. But I probably wouldn't have been so excited had I know the length of time I would have to stare at the blood-red-Kilz-covered walls.


At first, it was nice. Even with the Kilz it was so much brighter in the room. What I failed to realize was that in order to get to point where a move in is possible, the upstairs rooms needed to be worked on first.

So for days and days, I would have to see these walls. Yes, progress was being made upstairs, but I still had to see this on the way up the stairs... and thru the kitchen... and out to the patio.

Until today.

I, alone, and with lots of determination and one severely abused paint roller, finished this room.

Below is a before and after. From the original, pre-closing red, to our color choice of Castle Path by BEHR.


I went back in an painted the edges and what not, but naturally forgot to take a picture. It's epic though, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment