Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: Behr Paint & Primer In One

Product: Behr Premium Ultra Paint & Primer In One
Price: $30.98 - $33.98 (1 Gallon, Home Depot)
Rating: 5/5

I mentioned in a post before that we decided to use Behr's NEW Premium Plus Ultra, since it has the Paint & Primer feature. We have a lot of dark colors in our house that need to be covered in the worst way. And since I abhor priming and any use of Kilz (read: lazy), I thought this sounded awesome.

This picture is epic, isn't it? I wish I took it.
I had wanted to try Velspar's "cover the zebra stripes" paint... I watch a lot of HGTV, and Lowe's pushes it almost every commercial break... but the reviews were HORRIBLE. So, I dodged that bullet, and instead stood in front of the fast approching Behr Bandwagon...

And you know what?

I'm SO happy I did.

This paint is GREAT. We truly only need one coat in most cases. I will be honest and say there are a few spots that I need to roll over again, but that's only because I'm crazy... most people probably wouldn't even be able to see the spots I see.

I took some pictures! Below, is a swatch of the color "Roman Plaster" (this is one of their new colors, introduced with this new line of paint), over a swatch of "Caribe" (again, from the new line). These colors have no place together in our home, but I figured using such a light color to cover a dark color would show you how amazing this paint is.

Left: One Coat. Right: Two Coats
Do you see that? The second coat was barely needed.

I almost must say we used this paint in the flat finish, which I think goes on very opaque as a standard... but I'm still very impressed.

Here are a few more swatches, with captions explaining.

Dark Olive. Left: One Coat, Right: Two Coats.
Baby Blue Paint with Black Glitter glaze, covered with Kilz. One Coat, then Two.
The same Olive wall, covered with Kilz, One, then two.
Verdict: If you're on the fence, go for it. It's been worth every penny so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment